Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby Adams #2


Since announcing officially on my blog last night, I thought I might give a few details of this 2nd pregnancy. Its been very similar to my 1st, with one exception...I have been so exhausted! Yes...I know, I have a very active toddler who does not ever stop, not even for a minute. If I sit down, hes right there saying "up momma" "up momma". He doesnt get the whole prego thing, obviously. I think there were maybe two days during my first pregnancy that I took a nap. During my 1st trimester with this one, I think I took a nap, if but a short one, everyday. This contributed to some sickness and major food aversions. It was so hard to shop at the grocery store, much less cook for my family...sorry Scott, my wonderful husband. To this day, there are certain grocery stores that I have trouble shopping in due to them making me sick when I was prego with Carsten. Other than these things, I have been very blessed.

We had a 1st trimester screening done at 12 weeks. This tests for trisomy 18, 21 (Downs) and 23. We opted out of any screening with Carsten...I dont think my doctor then even offered this type of ultrasound since I wasnt high risk.. I think our main reason for doing it with this one was because we wanted to see the baby! We received the test results and everything turned out normal. We weren't super worried, but it is always in the back of a mother's mind. We have our next appt. in a week and hopefully will find out the gender the next week.

Carsten has been so sweet...he puts his hand on my tummy and prays for the baby and when we get to the end yells out as loud as he can "Amen"!

1 comment:

The Meshells said...

Aww I love this story!! Carsten sounds like a sweetheart and is going to make a wonderful big brother!! Your blessed. Congrats on #2 and may everything go smoothly.