Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's Our Anniversary

Today is such a special day for me...its my 5 year anniversary. Wow!!! Some days it feels like 5 years (like when my toddler is giving me a run for my money) and some days, it truly feels like its only been a year. Just the other day, we looked at each other and made the comment that there are days when we feel like we are "kids" raising kids. Time goes by way tooo fast. We have had many ups and downs, but have managed to learn from the mistakes we've made along the way. There is no other person that could complete me, fulfill me, and complement me the way my husband does.

When we met 6 years ago, there was no mistake that we were "made for each other." I loved so many things about him...his integrity, his sense of humor, his looks, his sense of style, his love for others, his passionate drive, his pursuit to win my heart, his intelligence, etc. But the most important attribute that I found him to possess was his love for the one who created us and created our relationship, Jesus. One thing that I had come to realize after so many years of being single was the fact that if this was not priority to my future husband, than I would never truly, truly be a top priority on his list. As the case for so many husbands, golf, work, study, etc. would become priorities over me once I was no longer "new and exciting." This is not a fear of mine due to the fact that my husband knows what is ultimately, eternally important and what is not. Scott, I love you for so many reasons, but especially because of this.

The Bible says that as "iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpen another". One significant sign of a healthy relationship is when you can look at each other's flaws and imperfections, humbly admit to those issues, and desperately want to change in order to be a better spouse/person. No, this is not a fun process, and it requires a ton of humility, but the rewards far outweigh the work and sacrifice required. And all of this to say, no, I/we have not mastered this, but the desire to do this is more apparent than when we got married 5 years ago. I can truly say that if not for the grace of God, I would not be the wife I am today. And only by the grace of God, I will be an even better wife 5 years from now. (Don't give up on me husband!!:)















To the one who has made me a better person, the one who I love so dear, the one who I will share eternity with, the one who lays his life down for me, the one who make me smile on a daily basis, the one who gives me beautiful babies...to my husband of 5 years and many more to come...Happy Anniversary!!

Kelly

No comments: